This cricket coaching session plan has been designed as a template for coaches to follow with their teams during training. The activities and drills can be tailored to all ages and abilities.
Individual Bat & Ball Skills:
- Hitting the ball with the face
- Hitting the ball with the edge
- Around the world
- Keepings Off: Players split into two teams. Players pass the ball around with 5 catches in a row scoring 1 point. You can’t give the ball back to the person you got it off. If the ball hits the ground it is turned over to the opposition.
- Pairs throwing at a stump: Players pair up and throw at a stump. The first 4 players to hit the stump go and pad up to bat.
- Net 1: Front foot drop balls aiming for the stumps at the other end
- Net 2: One bowler at a time – 10 balls, 1 point for hitting the stumps, 2 points outside off stump, 10 points for hitting a target set on a good length.
- Net 3: Batsmen facing pace bowling
- Net 4: Batsmen facing spin bowling
Game to Finish
A fun game for testing the distance players can hit the ball and getting fielders to practice calling their name when catching a high ball.
Equipment: Cones/Net, 2 cricket bats, 1 ball.
Rules: Players split into two teams either side of a line made from cones in the middle of playing area.
Each side takes turns hitting a skied ball from an under-arm feed into the area guarded by the opposing side. If the ball hits the ground then the team that hit the ball gains one point. The first team to 5 points wins.
BE THE VOICE THAT MAKES THE DIFFERENCE
Keep The Half-Time Address free for all by making a donation through our Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/thehalftimeaddress